Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Music! (...returns to my blog)

I haven't been posting too much music here lately, partially because of laziness but also because I've been going through a bit of a good music dry spell. Despite of the drought, I've got a couple great items to share today and I hope you dig them as much as I do.


Greydon Square - Summer's Ending
Greydon is by far one of my favorite artists, I don't normally buy too much music but for this album and the last I was one of the first in line to shell out my cash. I'm not sure if this is my favorite track from this album but its the one that best suits my mood as I write this.


Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Starting Over - Jimmy Iovine 
I hate getting hyped up over new music because you never know when an artist is going to go off on a tangent you wish they didn't and leave you feeling disappointed and yearning for the older days, and alas, I found my self hyping up this album months before I actually got it. Thankfully I was rewarded with what is probably going to be one of my favorite albums on the year. I picked two songs from this album because the whole thing has such a wide range of emotions and you need at least two songs to get a taste of this album.





Grizzly Bear - Half Gate
I really only started listening to Grizzly Bear because hipster music blogs told me too and I'm glad that they did. this is my favorite song from their newest album, Shields


The Tragically Hip - Now For Plan A
My Girlfriend was in the UK for a few weeks and she came home on the weekend and we spent Sunday watching TNG, baking, being lazy, and listening to music, (pretty much my ideal weekend.) While we were waiting for the cake we made to cool down we were lying in the sun and listening to the Hip's new album and we both agreed it was great music to suit the mood. 
Its hard to describe how I feel sometimes, but I think I'm going to remember that Sunday for a really long time.



Patric Watson - Adventures In Your Own Backyard
I found this one on Reddit, I loved the music and the skill of the skater. Its like his dancing partner is the board itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment