Thursday, January 2, 2014

7D Love'in

So, in my last post I talked a bit about my new camera but I want to talk more about it because I’m still riding that new gadget high like some kinda crazy meth-smoking norse god. This camera is just amazing, its fast, feels great in my hands and it will probably be the last camera I buy for the next 6-7 years, (they normally only go for a year or two before I upgrade.) While its not a full frame DSLR I still kinda view it as a scout merit badge for my graduation from beginner photography to enthusiast photography. I also updated my kit lens to a sigma 12-55mm f/2.8 so shooting in low light (what I prefer doing,) will be a lot easier going forward. I can’t wait to get up to the cottage so I can try and take some shots of the stars or for the weather to get a bit warmer so I can walk around at night without freezing my arse off. 


I think my only real new years resolution is to get better at photography, its something I enjoy a lot but 99% of my shots look like shitty amateur shlock. Maybe by this time next year I’ll try to submit something to a community art show? Maybe not, but at the end of the day its just about enjoying my hobby : )

My new baby.

The first pic I took with the new body and lens.

1 comment: