Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New tracks to check out.


Thought I’d write up a quick post today, not a whole lot new going on but I thought I’d share a bit of music I’ve been listening to over the past few weeks. Most of this stuff I either heard on NPR Music or KEXP, so I give most of the credit to their podcasts.

Jesper Ryom - Close
I was listening to this when I went on a run yesterday, it kinda made me feel like I should have been in a lounge talking to pretty girls in black dresses instead.


Pomplamoose - La Vie En Rose
I feel like when I admit do loving this song I'm just embracing my deep inner hopster, I know I've heard this song before but I never knew what it was called. No idea what it means, but its beautiful


Macklemore x Ryan Lewis - Make The Money
Macklemore is hip hop I think anyone can like, I can't wait until this guys next album. 


Tennis - My Better Self
I heard this in KEXP's last podcast, this song came on as I was getting on the 115. Theres nothing quite like an open road, a nice sunset and good music.


Mitchmatic - Why Don't You Know?
When I first heard this song I was hung over and on a train, normally not the best time for some up-beat music but alas, NPR struck gold again. The whole album for this guy is free on his bandcamp but its definitely worth the suggested price. The whole album has this nice old 'jazzy' feel to it, its almost like how I think hip hop would sound if hiphop had started in the 40s and not the 80s. The music video is great as well. Enjoy.





==================================================================================
Running update:
Still kinda feels like this.
==================================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment