Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rancho Relaxo


Well this past week has been pretty interesting.
Last Thursday I went with a few friends of mine to Rancho Relaxo to see Dog is Blue and as well a few other bands. I’ve seen the band play a few times now and I think this time was my least favorite, Dog is Blue is great but the venue was pretty dilapidated and the chairs may have well have been iron maidens. To get into the place you had to walk up this really narrow and dimly lit staircase and when you get to the top its like a bad mix between a basement a mexican restaurant. The other bands were ok I guess and you can’t go wrong paying six bucks to see four bands but none of them were so incredible that I’d go out of my way to see them again, (aside from Dog is Blue.)
Over all it was a fun night I guess but Rancho Relaxo is probably the worst bar I’ve ever been to.
In other interesting news, I’m moving out! I’ve got a first floor bachelor apartment near the Danfourth and I get it at the end of the month. I have to admit, I’m pretty nervous about moving out on my own. I lived in Peterborough for two years but I always had at least one roommate when I was there so this will be the first time in my life where I’m never really going to have anyone around. I’m not terribly worried about it but I think I might end up spending more time reading in coffee shops than I normally do. I don’t have any pictures of the place but I’ll post some as soon as I get settled in. 
Thats all for now, I’m a little brain dead right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment